ceratopsid series, etc.

A few days ago, somebody asked about a "series" of centrosaurine
species, identified by another list member as Einiosaurus and
Achelosaurus.  Since nobody explained onlist (and I lost the info.
about the enquiry), I will rashly point out that Einiosaurus and
Achelosaurus were found in different strata not that (geographically)
far apart, so speculation is that Einio may have evolved into Achelo;
Achelo may even have evolved into Pachyrhinosaurus.  We have, of
course, no way of verifying (or falsifying) this intriguing theory, so
less-rash folks will refrain from dragging it into the discussion.

Also, regarding the phylogeny of dino-list members: I can't figure out
where paleoartists fit in.  Personally fitting in somewhere near the
Wannabeoids (in terms of art--I hope I'm a bit closer to the
Gottaclueoids overall), still there seems to be a marked behavioural
difference, at least on this list, between those professionals who
usually restrict themselves to textual publications (like our St. Tom
of the Infinite Patience) and at least some of those who are more at
home in visual communications (and seem more inclined to go ballistic
when confined to text, as on this list).  Perhaps this impression is
merely skewed due to the regrettably small sample size of this taxon?

Pat
Heading out to look for zinc lozenges, since the only time I get
reckless enough to de-lurk is when I'm addled by flu viruses