Dinosaur TV Week

Here are some highlights of U.S. national television programming
concerning dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals, all times Eastern:

Wednesday, February 11

Discovery Channel, 10:00pm
Beyond T. rex
No, this is not about T. rex's ability to scratch it's back.  This is a
serious investigation of two large new theropods.  And in the same vein
we have:

Saturday, February 14

Showtime, 12:50am (this is late night Friday by some peoples' reckoning)
Carnosaur 3: Primal Species
While stealing uranium, terrorists unwittingly unleash formidible
man-eating dinosaurs (I hate when that happens).  The first movie is
supposed to be a cross between Jurassic Park and The Texas Chainsaw
Massacre; terrorists are a nice twist this time around.  Roger Corman,
of course, so it's probably a *total* waste of your time.  By the way,
it's also showing at 2:45am on HBO as simply "Primal Species."

Sunday, February 15

Discovery Channel, 10:00am
Bonehead Detectives of the Paleoworld
Children's program about paleontology.  This episode: "The New Monsters
in Town" -- evolution's response to the extinction of the dinosaurs.
Huge grasshoppers, if I remember correctly.

Discovery Channel, 3:00pm
Beyond T. rex
Repeated for those who can't get enough serious science.

I remain, yours, etc.,
Larry