Re: Food for second thoughts?

> >Ever thought maybe other, ancient predators did similar things? Bite
> >in, do some injury, but it's then too full or not in the mood and
> >lets the thing it has sunk it's teeth into go??
>
> A failed attack is quite common with predators... more common than
> successful attacks, really.

OK, so I made a mistake. The point you missed was not that failed
attacks are common, but that a predator may catch it's prey but
willingly let it go because it really wasn't in the mood in the first
place. It certainly occures in some modern day examples. Also, what
about a dinosaur playing with it's victim?? Like the way some whales
(I can't remember which one) toss seals about in the air like balls??

Matt Stephen Staples
mss196@soton.ac.uk