Re: T. REX THE HUNTER

In a message dated 98-02-08 04:44:42 EST, jaemei@hotmail.com writes:

<< A lumbering scavenger would also have not probably bitten a
 *Triceratops'* face as indicated by the specimen (don't know the number)
 that had *Tyrannosaurus* teeth embedded in the skull. Now, while we can
 think that no self-respecting T. rex would go after a living trike in
 the face, with those 3 foot horns (with keratin applied to them, 4.5
 feet) sticking forward and up, a possible retort would be what T. rex
 would go after a _dead_ trike's face, covered as it was by very little
 meat and a lot of tough skin and hide >>

Hi Jaime! Is that "trike" skull the one Novacek was referring to? Now if I
knew where the teeth entered the skull, I could concider what scenario led to
that. However, as you pointed out, since the head has no meat, it seems odd
that a scavenging T. rex would target it when the rest of the trike's body is
meaty. Unless, and teeth position would help me, the bold predatory trexy was
trying to crush the living trike's brain?If so, a similar tactic is found with
the head-bitten "Sue."
  This reminds me of a dino-movie in Microsoft Dinosaurs where a trexy bites a
living trike's head from the side and loses a tooth in the process.

Have a nice day!
Jim