True Predator

Hello all,

I've been following the predation-scavaging thread and done a little
research. As far as I can tell there is one and only one extant absolute
predator. Pandion haliaetus, or Osprey. This member of the family
Pandiondae will not take or eat a dead fish or take a fish killed by
another, and they feed exculsively on fish. My efforts may be in error, but
I don't think so. Anyone want to prove me wrong? Go right ahead, but Harper
and Row's Field Guide to North American wildlife will be in error, as this
is the source of my data.

Roger A. Stephenson
Hell Creek Homey