ifs, ands, and head butts

     I noticed a thread developing about whether pachycephalosaurs are
     likely to have been head-butters, a al mountain sheep.  At the risk of
     sounding crassly self-serving, a risk that I am by no means loath to
     take, I might draw everybody's attention to R. McNeill Alexander's
     thoughts about this very topic on pp. 422-423 of his chapter,
     "Engineering a Dinosaur", in _The Complete Dinosaur_ (Indiana
     University Press, 1997).

     Jim Farlow

     Time flies like an arrow.
     Fruit flies like a banana.