Re: mass, momentum, & misc. (Correction)

-----Original Message-----
From: Allan Edels <edels@email.msn.com>
To: ngear@gvtc.com <ngear@gvtc.com>; dinosaur@usc.edu <dinosaur@usc.edu>
Date: Friday, February 13, 1998 3:30 AM
Subject: Re: mass, momentum, & misc.

I wrote:
>    3) The muskox scenario is as pure a speculation as one generally can
>get.  There is absolutely no reason (ie. no fossil evidence) to support the
>muskox idea.  (In fact, the muskox and wagon train movies are the places
>that such actions are found).
>
>    Allan Edels

    The last sentence should have read:

    "(In fact, the muskox and wagon train movies (and TV versions) are the
ONLY places that such actions are found - ie. protect the young and
vulnerable by placing them in the middle of a circle with weapons facing
out)."

    To my knowledge, no OTHER animal uses the muskox strategy - it is pure
speculation to assign this behavior to any other animal - especially extinct
dinosaurs.   It does make a great painting though......

        Allan Edels