Re: "Dragons?"

Let's be clear, folks.

In China there are actual, "you can see 'em, touch 'em, taste 'em" bones
in the ground that you can visit tomorrow morning and that real and/or
formerly living, breathing swearing and eliminating human beings have
been digging up for thousands of years. These "I can' hit you on the
head with them and cause a concussion" bones are the substantial origin
of the Chinese "dragon" myth.

Despite your books and the resemblance to whichever dinosaur you want to
name, where, exactly, are the European "bones" that match up with the
myth?

Since, apparently, and I apologize, I have not been clear enough, the
point is that the Chinese syllogisim goes "bones=dragon," whereas the
European syllogism is "mythical scholarship in the minds of 20th Century
paleotypes = dinosaurs."

Jonathon Woolf wrote:

> D.I.G. wrote:
>
> > Just to beat this horse to death, there is no similar substantial
> > evidence for the roots of any of the European or Near Eastern or any
> > other so-called "dragon" myths in paleontological remains.
> >

> Well, now, I'm not so sure of that.  I just bought a book called DRAGONS: A
> NATURAL HISTORY, which contains numerous illustrations of dragons and
> dragonlike beasts from various sources,

SNIP

--
AOL IM Pager - DinoEditor
ichat PAGER - dinogazette

Dinosaur Central
http://www.dinosaur.org
Encyclopedia Brittanica Internet Guide, Yahoo Editor's Choice, Science
Site of the Day, Member of The Paleo Ring

Summer
http://www.dinosaur.org/teefr.html

10024-0502