Re: SCAVENGING SNAKES

Just a quick note of support for this.  I volunteer in a nature center
where we have on display various endemic snakes of Ohio & occassionally we
feed a few of them dead rats or mice & they have no problem eating them
(some actually prefer them dead).  Perhaps it has something to do with
bio-energetics.   All of these snakes are wild; they have been brought in
by various individuals. There is nothing physically wrong with them
& they could be released at any time without trouble (this is important
for establishing the "wild" classification so that there is not a
descrepancy between "wild" & "tame pet".).

Hope this helps.  (Sorry if it doesn't make complete sense, it's very
early & I had about 3 hours of sleep last night).

Casey T.
TUCKERCJ@po.muohio.edu