Re: Dromeosaurs most efficient (meanest) hunters

<< > I believe that dromeosaurs were faster and more agile than a Tyrannosaur
.

..>>>Faster?  Based on what?
based on the countless number of books I've seen that describe them as being
"built for speed"

Dromaeosaurs have just about the shortest and
> broadest tibiae and metatarsals of the nonavian theropods.  Tyrannosaurids
> have the longest and most slender tibiae and metatarsals for any theropod in
 >their size range.  On top of that, tyrannosaurids have some nice
 >shock-abosrbing potential in their feet.  All other things being equal, a
 >tyrannosaurid should be expected to cover more ground per unit time (aka,
 >speed) than a dromaeosaurid of the same size. >>

this would make tyrannosaurids among the fastestest of its time for its size,
and definitely faster than its prey.
This supports my original claims , that there is nothing to prove that
Dromaeosaurs
were seemingly better (or more efficient) hunters.

FD