Re: Dinosaur extinction

In a message dated 98-02-19 20:02:05 EST, jbois@umd5.umd.edu writes:

<< An honest question: Wouldn't Darwin's Natural Selection hypothesis at the
 time he proposed it fall under this view? >>

Yes; indeed it still does. Which is the hole in the logic that some of the
smarter creationists try to drive their truck through. We cannot confirm that
natural selection actually takes place, only that it is an eminently
reasonable theory that accounts for the known fossil record and numerous
features of living organisms. It remains logically possible for there to be a
supreme being who manufactures species in the order that we see them in the
fossil record and endows them with the features that we observe. And it
remains logically possible for another evolutionary theory, which bypasses
natural selection, to be the correct one. But natural selection is by far the
most parsimonious explanation for the evolution of life, which is why most
reasonable people accept it.