Re: Dinosaur extinction

> From: John Bois <jbois@umd5.umd.edu>
>
> On Thu, 19 Feb 1998 Dinogeorge@aol.com wrote:
>
> > In a message dated 98-02-19 20:02:05 EST, jbois@umd5.umd.edu writes:
> >
> > << An honest question: Wouldn't Darwin's Natural Selection hypothesis at the
> >  time he proposed it fall under this view? >>
> >
> > We cannot confirm that natural selection actually takes place, only that
> > it is an eminently reasonable theory that accounts for the known fossil
> > record and numerous features of living organisms.
>
> I think _micro_evolution at least has by now been confirmed.

I was under the impression that Natural Selection had been
observed in a number of studies over the last century or so.
For example, the moths of London appeared in every textbook
I remember in high school and college. Is this not the case?

Andrew Robinson
--
Offshore Business Unit           email: awrobinson@amoco.com
Amoco Corporation                      phone: (504) 586-6888