Re: "plumed" serpents

Barry Williams wrote:
SNIP

> Does there have to be any *real* model before human beings come up
> with > mythical beasts?  What's wrong with good old imagination, a faculty >
> that > our species seems to have had for ever?
SNIP

The point, from my perspective is exactly that there DOESN'T have to be
a real model, but if someone is going to ASSERT that there is a real
model, then they have to be able to come up with evidence for the
assertion.

Simple visual resemblance is not substantial evidence.  It's like Alfred
Hitchcock's movie "The Wrong Man."  Appearances are deceiving.

es

PS... you cyberwarped people make it VERY difficult to carry on civil
correspondance. Apparently you post messages "en masse" from readers of
some sort of mailing list... who then don't supply their own e-mail
addresses.  Are these good folks afraid to reveal their e-mails?  What's
the deal?

You can't ALL have skeptix@cyberwarped.com as your return address!!!

--
AOL IM Pager - DinoEditor
ichat PAGER - dinogazette

Dinosaur Central
http://www.dinosaur.org
Encyclopedia Brittanica Internet Guide, Yahoo Editor's Choice, Science
Site of the Day, Member of The Paleo Ring

Summer
http://www.dinosaur.org/teefr.html

10024-0502