Re: Was Seismosaurus scared of mice?

----------
From: Doug Lewis <dwlewis@rmii.com>
To: dinosaur@usc.edu
Subject: Was Seismosaurus scared of mice?
Date: Tuesday, February 17, 1998 7:30 PM

        I always hear about these super sauropods like Ultrasauros
(interesting name), Seismosaurus, etc, well, I was just curious, were there
 any predators that could kill them, to keep their population in check? Or
was that entirely dependent on viruses, food shortages, etc.?

                        Caleb

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Vault/6619/index.html
I would think that the predators would have (or could have ) preyed on the
juveniles or the sick( very sick in this case- a full-grown sick
Seismosaurus would easily been able to defend itself against a couple of
Allosaurus, etc...) as most predators of prey larger than themselves do.
Other causes such as you mentioned probably contributed equally.
                                                                    BHR