Re: Dinosaur extinction

On Fri, 20 Feb 1998, Andrew W. Robinson wrote:
> I was under the impression that Natural Selection had been
> observed in a number of studies over the last century or so.
> For example, the moths of London appeared in every textbook
> I remember in high school and college. Is this not the case?

Yes, it is the case.  Since then numerous examples have been noted.  This
has ben observed in Drosophila populations; a species of banana-eating
insect whose mouth parts are so specialized on banana that it can eat
nothing else has evolved them since the introduction of banana to Hawaii a
short time ago; the common knowledge case of bacteria developing
(evolving!) resistance to antibiotics.