Re: Dinosaur extinction

On Sat, 21 Feb 1998, Richard Keatinge wrote:
> No.  Try reading "The Beak of the Finch" sometime, after the "Origin of
> Species".  Natural selection was supported by rather little evidence in
> Darwin's time - it was an ingenious speculation.  But it was testable
> and has been tested.

This was the point I was trying to make!

But with regard to testability it might be unreasonable to require
experimental proof for paleontological hypotheses.  Weight of evidence
might have to be enough.  With extinction, though, there is nothing
beyond: Now you see 'em. Now you don't.
And statistics.