Re: Mammal - Like - Reptiles ... info needed.

At 04:09 PM 2/21/98 +0000, you wrote:
>I am trying to find some information about
>the mammal-like-reptiles such as:
>
>Lystrosaurus  Thrinaxodon  and  Cynognathus.
>
>If anyone can give me some facts, pictures,
>or the addresses of websites etc. etc.....
>I would be very grateful

I would definitely recommend John McLoughlin's book _Synapsida_, which is
regretably out-of-print, but should be at a local library.  I consider myself
a Therapsid-advocate, and I too would like to know if there are any web pages
or other recent reference sources devoted to them.  I think the Therapsids
have gotten short shrift to tell you the truth.  They may not be as
imagination-capturing as the Dinosaurs, but they *are* our ancestors and
deserve media attention.

And while we are on the subject, what is the current status of the
Dromasauria?
Are they a distinct Therapsid suborder, or are they considered part of another
group like the Dicynodonts?  I know not much is known about the Dromasaurs,
but I thought maybe someone had some new insights...

                                  -- Dave

                             -- Dave

Dave Hardenbrook, E-Mail: DaveH47@delphi.com
 Computer Programmer, Honorary Citizen of the Land of Oz,
 and Editor of "The Ozzy Digest" (The _Wizard of Oz_ online
 fan club)

  "When we are young we read and believe
   The most Fantastic Things...
   When we grow older and wiser