Re: Cladistics (was Sci. Am. - present)

In a message dated 98-02-24 04:08:35 EST, th81@umail.umd.edu writes:

<< Then perhaps I might suggest a field other than science?  We don't get
 "right" answers in science, any field of science.  We get the best
 approximations we can with current data and methodology, subject to
 falsification with new data and methods.  I know some people are
 uncomfortable with this, but that's how science works. >>

Yes, we do get "right" answers, even in science. It all depends on what you
mean by "right." If you really, really believe that truth is an undiscoverable
ideal, then its pursuit is pointless, and you might as well become a mystic.
It is irrational to continue pursuing an unreachable goal.