small dinosaur ID

Someone has sent me a couple of JPEG images of a small dinosaur-like fossil
and would like to know if it is Archaeopteryx or a close relative.  If
anyone would like to take a look and a stab at IDing it (at least to say
that it is not Archaeoptyeryx) could they email me and I will send the
images.

Thanks,
Chris

it was all downhill from there.