Re: NON-TROODONTS

On Tue, 24 Feb 1998 darren.naish@port.ac.uk wrote:

> T. Mike Keesey included the following beasts in his list of probable
> troodontids. I have some comments..
>
> > _Troodon? isfarensis_
> > indeterminate material from the Cedar Mountain Formation
>
> Cedar Mountain Fm? I thought this was one of Nessov's Soviet taxa.

Those two lines are two separate entries, not equivalent.

> Another one is _T. asiamericana_.

Whoops, forgot this one. Why is it listed on my pages as _Saurornithoides?
asiamericanus_ ... I must keep better track of my sources...

> > And maybe:
> > "_Araucanoraptor_"
>
> Only circulating rumours and the name are publicly known for this one
> at present: do not take its tentative allocation to Troodontidae here
> at all seriously.

I place it as Maniraptoriformes incertae sedis on my site -- I was just
trying to mention all the possibilities.

--T. Mike Keesey
tkeese1@gl.umbc.edu
http://umbc.edu/~tkeese1 -- Dinosaur Web Pages