Re: STRANGE THEROPOD SKULLS

At 02:36 PM 2/24/98 GMT, Darren wrote:

>> The skull of Cryolophosaurus is pretty puzzling as currently
>> described, particularly the squamosal-postorbital-jugal contact
>> (which, in all right-thinking theropods, do NOT form a single
>> contact in the middle of the infratemporal fenestra!!).
>
>Tom, what on Earth is a 'right-thinking theropod'?

Any one that doesn't have the squamosal and postorbital and jugal all suture
together in the middle of the infratemporal fenestra...

>I am still utterly
>confused by the cryolophosaur skull, and with such a poor,
>preliminary description to go on (Hammer and Hickerson 1994), we are
>all in the dark. Someone should get hold of the thing and
>describe it properly -

I have heard that that paper has been in the works for some time, but I
don't know when and where it will come out.

Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
College Park, MD  20742       Fax:  301-314-9661