Re: Sauropod neck positions: "High" is a relative term.

Phillip Bigelow wrote:

> There was more, but as I am slow at scribbling notes,
> this was all I was able to transcribe for you.
> Any thoughts, comments, rebuttles?

Mike Parrish and Kent Stevens should be congratulated for documenting
the physical limits on sauropod necks. They also looked at high feeders
like Camarosaurus and Brachiosaurus (primitive state).

You would expect nitch partitioning with all those coexisting Late
Jurassic sauropods.

Diplodocids also have the squared off muzzle of a grazer.

Rearing on hind legs gave them access to trees, but certainly only in
times of stess.

Jim Kirkland