Re: "Sue" at Disney's Animal Kingdom

-----Original Message-----
From: Betty Cunningham <bettyc@flyinggoat.com>
Date: Tuesday, February 24, 1998 3:26 PM
Subject: Re: "Sue" at Disney's Animal Kingdom

>As I understand it-William Stout has been one of the main concept
>artists for this (going back about 3-4 years)
>
>-Betty Cunningham
>
>Gigi Babcock or Ralph Miller III wrote:
>> That's all the information I have on DinoLand U.S.A., but I'm sure that
>> more information will be forthcoming.  After all, it is a tourist
>> attraction.  Will the preparators dress up as Mickey and Goofy?  When can
>> we look forward to Ronald McDonald picking at Sue's matrix?  The world
>> anxiously awaits the answers...

I have been lurking on this list for several years and have never posted
before...but the snobbish attitude about Disney and McDonalds helping the
Field Museum get "Sue" really has me hacked off. I think we should be
grateful to the private sector for helping to foot the bill for research
etc... NOT make fun of their respective business. If Disney has a replica at
Disney World....SO WHAT??? More people will get the chance to see it......