New Zealand

When did New Zealand split off?

Did Moas & Kiwi walk there or fly there?

    If they walked (ie, were already there) why no mammals in NZ?  Did the adaptable "I can survive anything" kiwi survive something none of the mammals could?

    If they flew, why do we lump them together with other ratites and draw conclusions from them?

John V Jackson    jjackson@interalpha.co.uk

PS:
                Madeleines:

In my twilight years, I shall look back on this list and mull over a few memories.  I am compiling a top-ten of particularly evocative snippets.  I quite like this one:

"Now I'm really confused. This doesn't look like your cladogram at all, and I still don't know what you mean by "segnosaurs".!