Re: the complete dinosaur

At 11:52 PM 30/12/97 PST, you wrote:
>Has anyone read the new book by   James Farlow and M. K. Brett-Surman
>(Publisher: Indiana University Press) _The Complete Dinosaur_?  I'm
>wondering if it is any good.

I just got it the other day.  It is fantastic.  It is a most thorough, well
balanced, descriptive book on dinosaurs, from their beginning to their end.
 It covers everything from those who dig them up, to what they were like,
to where they came from, to how we classify them.  It is technical enough
to satisfy a die-hard enthusiast, but simple enough for a non-science
reader to enjoy.  It is one of the best books I have ever purchased.  I
found it in a bookstore near my house, just on the shelf, and snapped it up
right away.  I am glad I did.

I would like to thank the authors of the various chapters, as well as the
editors of the book, for my new favourite book.  I want to make sure that
somebody gives them the praise they deserve for a book well done.

I would also like to say that I received no money, prompting, or any other
perk for my comments, I write from the heart. :-)

Darryl  <dinoguy@interlog.com
Visit my webpage at:
http://www.interlog.com/~dinoguy
"He who wears glasses looks better than he who drinks
too many"
        Confucius