Re: dinosaur books

It also depends what you're looking for.  I happen to like Don Glut's new
book a lot because it's very informative and all that but it's also in
ALPHABETICAL ORDER by animal which makes it much easier and direct to look
up particular critters than any of the other books.  If you want to know
something about a dinosaur but don't know what family it's in or when it
lived, and don't want to discover an index with multiple pages listed,
Don's book is very good!  I also like the others, so I'm not coming down
heavily in favor of this or that, but to me the organization of material in
the others is not very straightforward. BUT it's also the most expensive,
so beware!

----------
> From: Toby White <augwhite@neosoft.com>
> To: jvrussell@xtra.co.nz
> Cc: dinosaur@usc.edu
> Subject: Re: dinosaur books
> Date: Friday, January 02, 1998 8:50 PM
>
> >It seems everyone so far thinks "The Complete Dinosaur" is very good.
> >How would folks compare it to "Encyclopedia of Dinosaurs" ed's Philip
> >Currie & Kevin Padian (Academic Press)? If you were only to buy one -
> >which one? I haven't seen either as yet (take a while to get to New
> >Zealand) so would value some comparisions before ordering one (or both!)
> >Thanks in advance,
> >J.V.Russell
>
> The Encyclopedia was, according to its Introduction, intended to
complement,
> and perhaps to update, Weishampel, Dodson & Osmolska's The Dinosauria.
The