Re: Dinosaur Genera List corrections #83

>>Given that the genus in question is from the Ornithomimidae, it's
>>more likely "orc-mimic"--as in the huge and legendary Arabian bird
>>the Orc (familiar from the Arabian Nights).

>Wasn't that the Roc? Orcs were big hairy fellows in the *Ring*
>trilogy.

We are dealing with a language that only recognizes those two sounds the
two words have in common: R & C. Wether it's _RC or R_C is up to the
sounds spoken alongside the consonants. Of course, waiting for the paper
to come out or a formal etymology (together, separated, or whatever) is
the best course of action. Or talking to an Arabian or linguist.

Jaime A. Headden