Re: Nedcolbertia

In a message dated 98-01-07 12:35:53 EST, dino@revelation.unomaha.edu writes:

<< I thought it was going to be _Nedcolbertia whittlei_!!! >>

So did I. Sad situation, eh? And _Utahraptor ostrommaysorum_ was originally
going to be _Utahraptor spielbergi_. And _Tianchisaurus nedegoapeferima_ was
originally going to be _Jurassosaurus nedegoapeferkimorum_. And so on. The
describer is under no obligation to go with names for the material that appear
prior to the description and formal naming.