Re: Dinosaur TV Week

At 10:32 PM 1/6/98 -0500, MKIRKALDY wrote:
>Knowing that this would be a cutting edge news event, I taped the
Rosie
>O?Donnell show.  The precocious paleontologist did not know what
kind of
>dinosaur it was which now bears his name.

Great, wasn't it.

>His (memorized) theory was that a meteor hit the earth, sending up a big
cloud
>of dust and dirt in the sky which blocked out the sun, so the
planteaters died
>and then the meateaters died because they didn?t have
anything to eat.

Nothing like an original idea is there.

>A subtheory was that dinosaurs didn?t really die out because we still
have
>crocodiles and turtles.

In fairness he was egged on by Rosie, who said, "There are *two* dinosaurs
still living...Ya' know what they are?" Presumably the answer she was trying
to get from him was "Barney and Baby Bop" -- But neither Justin nor Rosie have
apparently ever heard of the Bird Theory.

                             -- Dave

Dave Hardenbrook, E-Mail: DaveH47@delphi.com
 Computer Programmer, Honorary Citizen of the Land of Oz,
 and Editor of "The Ozzy Digest" (The _Wizard of Oz_ online
 fan club)

  "I long ago came to the conclusion that NOTHING has
   ever been definitely proved about ANYTHING!"

                    -- Noel Coward, "Blithe Spirit"