Parasaurolophus neck/head flap.

I've seen a number of conflicting illustrations and animations recently
which show Parasaurolophus with a flap of skin connecting the crest to the
various parts along the neck. These range from "Fantasia" to the
"Dinosaurs Past and Present" volumes so I'm sure the question has been
around for a while. I'm curious as to what the current thinking on this
is. Is there any evidence of muscle/tissue scars on the crest?

Thanks,
----Steve