Re: CNN on Lungs and Feathers

>It would be great to get someone like Derek Briggs or other
>geologically-oriented paleontologists who are used to examining
potential
>soft tissue structures preserved in sedimentary rocks to see if the
"guts"
>are in fact preserved soft tissues or some other form of organically
induced
>stain.  Of course this would have to be done in person (and hopefully
with
>an SEM or whatever the best equipment that's available for the task),
as is
>the case of any rigorous examination of organisms.

     I have to say that that is one of the best things I have heard all
day. Getting a  paleontologist who looks and studies gut traces ( Derik
Briggs, Conway Morris, Henry Whittington, one of those people who
studies the Burgess shale and similiar places and similiar animals)
would be great for this Sinosauropteryx lung mess.

 WMattTroutman