Re: Carnotaurus arms

>I thought that the very short forearms were rather characteristic of
>megalosaurs, or am I mistaken?

Characteristic, yes, but not to the extreme seen in *Carnotaurus*. This
may be natural, or paleopathological. The size of every known megalosaur
manus are large, with big claws, as in *Torvosaurus* (an old favorite)
and *Xuanhanosaurus*---with _huge_ arms, I might add (evidence for
*Xuanhanosaurus'* placement as a basal allosaurian is very good, and
evidence as in the geological time and place as the basal allosaurian
*Monolophosaurus*---they may, in fact, be the same theropod, either
generically or specifically---so I do not count this as really
relevent).

Jaime A. Headden