CARNOTAURUS' ARMS AND A REF REQUEST

Luis Rey wrote:
<<It can never be emphasized enough! I had to do a bunch of mistaken
reconstructions of those 'weirdest o weirdest' hands until I got mine on
this paper. The thumb has turned into a spike facing backwards while the
palm of the hands seem to be facing outwards. What this animal was doing
with these hands is anyody's guess... get the Novas and Coria paper!! >>

Do Novas and Coria come to a different conclusion than Bonaparte?  I have got
Bonaparte's 1991 Historical Biology paper and he says that the hand faces
inward and that the big spike is digit IV and not digit I.  Since the
antibrachium is so short and the humerus isn't twisted, it is almost
impossible for the hand to be either fully pronated or supinated, so digit IV
(the spike) has to be pointed caudally and the palm medially.

The ref is:

Bonaparte, J F.  1991.  The Gondwanian theropod families Abelisauridae and
Noasauridae.  Historical Biology 5:1-25.

Check out figure 9 on page 14 and the text on page 13.

Secondly, I am wondering if anyone out there could be so kind as to perhaps
engage in a ref-trade with me for Galton's 1997 paper on Thescelosaurus that
was published in some strange Swiss paleo journal.  I am really hoping to get
the paper sometime this century (not really much of a big deal anymore...) and
if anyone has it and would be willing to photocopy it for me, I'd be forever
greatful.  I have a lot of Chinese ornithopod papers that I suspect most of
you don't have and I could send in return.  Thanks in advance.

Peter "my office has a better view than Darren's" Buchholz
Tetanurae@aol.com

Beefcake!  BEEFCAKE!!!