Re: Complete Dinosaur Mamenchisaur question

>From: "Jaime Headden" <jaemei@hotmail.com>

>Larry Dunn wrote:
>
>>I just received The Complete Dinosaur today, and noted that the
>>Sauropods chapter features several depictions of Mamenchisaurus
>>holding its neck up.
>
>There is only one *Mamenchisaurus* illustration (Greg Paul's) in that
>book. The other dinosaur in similar position was *Euhelopus* (the less
>compelte illustration), Mamenchi's direct ancestor.

Check again.  There are in fact two illustrations of M. in TCD, one on
page 273, the other on page 275.  Both feature a neck-up, giraffe-like
M.  I understood that M. held it's neck horizontally, and that this was
the only posture possible based on the configuration of the neck
vertebrae.

Larry