Re: CARNOTAURUS ARMS

At 01:52 PM 1/14/98 +0000, darren.naish@port.ac.uk wrote:
>(see the Glut and  Lessem encyclopedia - IMHO one of the worst
>dinosaur books ever
>written).

Which book is this?  Is this the "revision" of Glut's _The Dinosaur
Dictionary_
that came out a couple of years ago that was identical to the 1982 edition,
and
so was definitely pre-_Carnotaurus_, pre-_Seismosaurus_, pre-_Baryonyx_, etc.,
etc.  I always thought it was a decent reference book back when it was
up-to-date,
but the thing that always bothered me the about it is that it contains archaic
"Great Fossil Lizard" restorations by Neave Parker, Charles Knight, etc. mixed
in with the modern "hot-blooded" ones...
                             -- Dave

Dave Hardenbrook, E-Mail: DaveH47@delphi.com
 Computer Programmer, Honorary Citizen of the Land of Oz,
 and Editor of "The Ozzy Digest" (The _Wizard of Oz_ online
 fan club)

  "When we are young we read and believe
   The most Fantastic Things...
   When we grow older and wiser