Re: Giant Cretaceous flightless bird

At 10:28 PM 1/13/98 -0400, Jeff Hecht wrote:
>He also says the pelvis shows no signs of being closely related to
>later flightless birds of comparable size; presumably Gargantuavis went out
>with the dinosaurs at the end of the Cretaceous, if it survived that long.

So no one is suggesting then that there were Struthioformes living alongside
_Struthiomimus_?

                             -- Dave

Dave Hardenbrook, E-Mail: DaveH47@delphi.com
 Computer Programmer, Honorary Citizen of the Land of Oz,
 and Editor of "The Ozzy Digest" (The _Wizard of Oz_ online
 fan club)

  "I long ago came to the conclusion that NOTHING has
   ever been definitely proved about ANYTHING!"

                    -- Noel Coward, "Blithe Spirit"