Gorgo fingers

Subject: Gorgo fingers                                       5:56 PM
1/16/98

  On a few mounts of Gorgosaurus Libratus, I've noticed the long ignored
digit III.   It was noted in Lambe's 1914 paper, but I rarely see it
illustrated.  Would it be visible?  The arm cast I have shows that it is
quite prominent.  Is there any evidence to suggest that this is not supposed
to be there?  If the greatly reduced finger is indeed on this animal and not
on Albertosaurus ( as far as I know of) than is that another good reason to
separate the two into different families.  What does it say about Tyrannosaur
lineage?

 Rushed to write,
David Krentz