Re: Mamenchisaurus Drawing

At 03:17 PM 1/19/98 -0800, Chris Clifford wrote:
>With all the discussion of the skeletal reconstruction of Mamenchisaurus
>in "The Complete Dinosaur", isn't there a wonderful drawing of
>Mamenchisaurus or perhaps Barosaurus with its neck held horizontally in
>William Stout's 1981 book "The Dinosauria"? Perhaps he got it right so
>long ago.

I have seen Stout's horizontal-necked _Barosaurus_ in _The New Dinosaur
Dictionary_, but I forget if it appear in his _The Dinosaurs_ book.
FWIW, I have *never* seen a _Mamenchisaurus_ restoration in which the neck
was anything but horizontal...Unlike _Barosaurus_, I thought it was always
indisputed that _Mamenchisaurus_ was a Diplodicid.

                             -- Dave

Dave Hardenbrook, E-Mail: DaveH47@delphi.com
 Computer Programmer, Honorary Citizen of the Land of Oz,
 and Editor of "The Ozzy Digest" (The _Wizard of Oz_ online
 fan club)

  "When we are young we read and believe
   The most Fantastic Things...
   When we grow older and wiser