Dinosaur TV Week

Better late than never, here are some highlights of U.S. national
television programming concerning dinosaurs and other prehistoric
animals, all times Eastern (don't worry, didn't miss anything):

Friday, January 23

Disney Channel, 5:00pm
Dinosaurs
Clips and interviews, myth and reality, etc.  Maybe the tape will snap
once and for all this time.

Sunday, January 25

TNT, 3:50am (some call this "late night Saturday")
Caveman
The only movie with stop-motion that Pauline Kael ever liked.  Always
worth watching, if only for the tyrannosaur.

TRAVEL Channel, 8:00am (Non-Americans must read "travel channel" and
just shake their heads; they're right)
Outdoor Journal
"Texas Dude Ranch"
Includes segment on Alberta's dinosaurs.

Discovery Channel, 9:30am
Bonehead Detectives of the Paleoworld
Children's program about paleontology.  This episode: "The Dino Clones"
-- insert own description here.

Also note that The Lost World: Jurassic Park comes to pay-per-view in
many markets this week.  At three or four clams plus the price of a
tape, it's worth it.  As movie dinosaurs go they look fab.  I
particularly enjoyed the mated pair of tyrannosaurs enjoying a snack
about mid-flick.  This is more unapologetically mind-candy than the
first poser of a movie ("sense of wonder" my eye).  Less dull, more fun,
equally dumb (and that's very dumb indeed).

There: what a clear endorsement.

In hoc signo vinces,
Larry