STRUTHIOSAURS

Concerning these minor quibbles we're having about the diversity of
French Campanian-Maastrichtian dinosaurs, Pete Buchholz wrote...

> Should have Silvisaurus replaced with Struthiosaurus.  Woops, sorry
> for any inconvenience.

I think I'm the one that should be correcting an even bigger error: I
referred to Pereda-Superbiola and Galton's work on _Struthiosaurus_
as if it were French material. The fossils are, in fact, from eastern
Europe.

I checked Weishampel's chapter on dinosaur distribution in
Weish-Dod-Os, and I did not see any French ankylosaurs at all.

CENTROSAURINE ONTOGENY

The long awaited paper on ontogeny and taxonomy of centrosaurines by
Scott Sampson, Darren Tanke and others is finally out in _Zool. J.
Linn. Soc._. The issue is actually dated for Winter 1997, but the
library I use for _Zool. J. Linn. Soc._ (Biological Science
library, Boldrewood campus, University of Southampton) has only just
got it in. More details to follow in another post...

"Chainsaws proved to be extremely useful on the crocodilian snouts"

DARREN NAISH
darren.naish@port.ac.uk