Re: Cladistics question

>Well, here's my two cents:
>
>I have always had a problem with cladograms and the like, with their
>nice neat straight lines diverging but never converging.

Well, you can draw them curvy if you like.....

I suspect
>that hybridization is an important part of the evolutionary
>process.

Agreed, hybridization is an important phenomenon - especially among plant
groups.  There are techniques in modern phylogenetics to recognize
hybridization in a phylogenetic context - my references are not available
right now, but you might try a literature search for papers by Linda McDade.

chris

Christopher Brochu

***in transit***