Migration?

Hello all,

I've begun a train of thought that I hope doesn't end up in heap of twisted
wreckage.

I have given the idea of dinosaur migration some thought. Just because
there is trackway evidence of herding can we infer that this means
migration? If any species of non-avian dinosaur could have migrated what
would the possible motivation? Would an example of modern species, such as
wildebeasts, be suitable basis for comparison? Would natural obstacles,
such as mountians or huge lakes, prevented such migrations? Do examples of
mass death assemblies, such as the hadrosaurs in Horner's book  "Digging
Dinosaurs",  represent a clear case of a migration? Has anyone done any
conclusive work in this area?

Any input will be appreciated. Even if you think dinosaurs just milled
around without meaningful direction, sort of like this post.

Roger A. Stephenson
Hell Creek Homey