Re: Migration? wrenches...

Mind if I take this discussion back a level too?

I'm familiar with the evidence for migration, but have not seen the
counterarguments to it.

Are there any?

Naturally, the first thing to consider is that they didn't occur in a
narrow span of time.  Leading to the question of why they would all
tend to a similar direction (and pace?).

Are there other possible answers to  that question?  Consider a game trail
with some aspect to focus travel in a single direction?  Perhaps preditors
or geological features?

I am just interested in the ideas and counter arguments available.

-Randy