Re: feathers, fibers, endothermy...

> From: GSP1954@aol.com
> Going over Miller's post I noted some misunderstandings that ought to be
> cleared up. I have never asserted that kiwis lack respiratory turbinates.

My mistake.  I was dimly recalling reading your posting of 11-12-96,
entitled _Our Friend, the Kiwi_, and wrongly assumed that the observation
that the kiwi had small nasal passages meant that it had no respiratory
turbinates.  I was wrong and I apologize for my erroneous statement.  Thank
you for setting the record straight.

Ralph Miller III <gbabcock@best.com>