Re: Mammals. . . sorry

In a message dated 98-01-28 19:39:13 EST, kodiak@inetworld.net writes:

<<  definitely
 gives the impression that Jefferson thought he was looking for a giant
 sloth.  So George, if this was where you got your information from, I both
 apologize and sit in awe of your powers of recollection! >>

As a matter of fact, that article in _Natural History_ >is< the basis of my
frivolous, half-serious comment. I'm amazed that you tracked it down. By the
way, the article might be wrong about Jefferson and ground sloths, but I
haven't had the time to research it further.