Re: PICKERING'S NAME FOR SUE

At 05:36 PM 1/28/98 EST, Dinogeorge wrote:

><< Nah - Pickering is obviously honouring two guys called Stan and
> Winston. Who they are is unclear;) >>
>
>You could very well be right.

Then again, since he also "named" Ceratosaurus willisobrienorum, I doubt it.

(However, his Altispinax lydekkerhueneorum IS more proper in etymological
terms, although not necessarily in taxonomic terms).

The latest I heard from him is that he will be publishing a book in memory
of Sam Welles, later this year (November), which supposedly has 285 B&W
specimen photographs.

Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
College Park, MD  20742       Fax:  301-314-9661