Therizinosaur eggs

Does anyone know where the Xixia Basin is? Having trouble finding it in
the atlas (need a new atlas, mine still says Germany's two countries).
Sounds Chinese to me. . . . The horizon would help, too.

Now, the reason concerns the egg called *Macroelongatoolithus xixiaen-
sis*, which is one of the two canidates for therizinosaur embryoship
(the other being unnamed---to me---as per the May, '96 National
Geographic).

I've looked at both, and while the rounded, spheroidal egg (the unnamed
one) has an interesting skull with huge naris and tiny antorbital,
seeming good characters for a segnosaur---other than a few claws, rib
fragments, vertebrae, lower jaw, metacarpals and limb fragments, and
scapula (scapulae?), there's no pelvis showing.

But in Macro, long and less perfectly preserved, the skull is more
uniform in the sizes of the opening, and teeth are evident (I can't see
how close they resemble known dino teeth), but what's real good is that
the pelvis and part of the ischium (or all of it?) is nicely preserved
and looks almost identical to a miniature *Alxasaurus*.

But, it's the spheroidal eggs that most people I've talked to or
listened to that are referred to as therizinosaurs'. I've gone ahead and
restored both as best as the material shows me, and of course without
hands-on detail or out-of-the-egg preparation, it will be a little
difficult to assertain this. I feel strongly about this, and will accept
any comments.

Jaime A. Headden

"Open gunports, Mr. Starkins; neo-dinosaurologist off the port bow!"