Re: Migration

Randy King wrote:
> Can mass gravesites be something other than evidence of herding?
> One possibility is that the mass graves indicate a preferred place
> to die, or perhaps just a more dangerous area, and that the different
> animals are not related in time.  I beileve this is true for many of
> the mammoths (or was it mastodon?) found in tar pits.

I can think of two types of 'herding' that might create a mass grave-one
is that a large herd of similar individuals is killed at the same time,
the other is that an outside force (say wolves or primitive man or fire)
chases a mass amount of animals of the same type into the same area
where they die.  How would you tell type of herding from the other one
from the other?

-Betty Cunningham