Date: Mon, 26 Jan 98 10:52:05 -0500
From: "Carole DeFord"<carole_deford@cc.cranbrook.edu>
To: <vrtpaleo@usc.edu>
Subject: Chinese dinosaurs from Sichuan

Hi dinophiles,
I just happened to be in Vegas the day this exhibit opened and, through the
dedicated efforts of a taxi driver, we finally found it on the second floor of
the Chinatown Plaza mall office.  I understand from its organizer that their
publicity was running a bit behind the grand opening news reports on local TV.
It is to run a year so you have plenty of time. Open daily from 10 a.m. to 8
p.m. Admission fee ($10. I seem to remember. No catalogue at this time but does
have T shirts in the Gift shop with some of the pictures and names.
The exhibit seems to be put together by a Chinese businessmen's group in
conjunction with Beijing government office rather than any museum or exhibit
group.

>From their handout: "In this Expo, ....8 out of the 9 Skeletons are genuine (90

to 100%) fossils; plus 100 other fossil specimens fromrare plants and animals,
dinosaur teeth and eggs.  It is the largest shipment the Chinesegovernment ever
allowed to be shipped out from China."

It has:
Yinshanosarus jichuanensis Late Jurassic  stegosaurus.
Huayangosaurus taibai Middle Jurassic primitive stegosaur
Yangchuanosaurus shangyouensis Late Jurassic megalosar
Tuojiangosaurus multispinus Late Jurassic stegosaur
Omeisaurus tianfuensis Middle Jurassic sauropod
Omeisaurus fuxiensis Late Jurassic sauropod
Dzungrterus  Early Cretaceous  Pterosaurus
Szechuanosaurus campi Late Jurassic theropod

They only listed 8 on their handout but there was a third stegosaur
plus plant, turtle, dino skull, teeth, vertebrae, footprints, a
nd 2 different egg clusters.

Check out http://members.col/chinasaurs

For further information call Mr.Thomas Chang, Executive Vice President, Omni Art
and Culture, Inc.  702-364-2284
He is the gentleman and organizer of the show that I spoke with while I was
there.

Carole S. DeFord
Cranbrook Institute of Science
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48303-0801