Re: Lessem takes a serious look at G. carolinii (was Megaraptor)

It doesnt' seem like he's maiking money at all.  So far I've won a
copy of his Dinosaur Encyclopedia and a cast of a Giganotosaurus
tooth.  Everyone who wants to win something should go to his site and
answer the easy questions on the dinosaur contest.

>    [END OF LARRY DUNN QUOTE]
>
> Frankly, I don't know what a "mean" dinosaur is, either -- probably depends
> on what dino you ask -- but I think I can detect an ill-intended ('mean'?)
 message in Larry Dunn's posting.  Why should anyone get so 'bent
out of shape' because someone (Don Lessem in this case) knows how to
make a little honest money ("...shout 'dinosaur' and paying audiences
will come..." ) by getting th> After all, Lessem i not trying to
communicate with scientists in the instances mentioned, but he is
effectively using a bit of hyperbole that many parents of children
(myself included)  find often s> Incidentally, I do not know Lessem
personally; but I know his books, the referenced site, and children
who have learned to appreciate and understand dinosaurs and even
dinosaurologists through his wo> BLESSED IS HE WHO MAKES A LIVELIHOOD
OF WHAT HE LOVES!
> Ray Stanford

Chris Straughn

Visit my homepage at